Sunday, April 12, 2009

Magical Kale Chips

If you haven't experienced the magic of kale chips you don't know what you're missing. Simple to make and better than any bag of crisps from the supermarket, this is an easy way to satisfy your salty cravings with the added powerhouse of nutrients. I got this recipe from fellow chef Kirsten Gum. Beware, it's addicting!

1 bunch kale, destemmed and cut into large pieces

Place kale in a big bowl and add:

2 TBS olive oil
2 TBS Nama Shoyu or Tamari
sprinkle a generous amount of Red Star nutritional yeast, garlic powder and onion powder
sprinkle in cayenne for some kick

Mix well and place on a dehydrator sheet. Now sprinkle on some nutritional yeast and dehydrate at 115 degrees for 4-5 hours until crispy.

I suggest making a double batch because if you're anything like me, you'll probably eat the first tray before it's done.

Before:

After:

You don't yield a whole lot of chips once they're dehydrated but to be fair I did nibble a bit before they were done. :)

4 comments:

Adriana said...

The dehydrated version is SO much tastier than the baked version too!

I've got my eye on an Excalibur ED-2400...

Judita Wignall said...

Do it!! You can make so many fun snacks!

Kenisha said...

well very interesting, i have tried once it was very delicious and tasty.

Colon Cleanse

pharmacy said...

I really like this site, it's so important to know more about this topic, keep it up and of course every time I have time I'll love to check out again

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails