Saturday, October 8, 2011

Detox Days 12-13

Day 12

I went in for acupuncture to balance out my hormones and support my kidneys and spleen. According to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) I have "dampness" and a spleen deficiency. Don't worry, it's not deadly. It's about being balanced. My body needs more grounding, warming foods now and less sweet, cold raw food which I don't have a problem with. I don't think 100% raw is the only way to eat. Obviously, I am a strong advocate of eating densely nutritious food but that can be both cooked and raw. As the seasons change, warm food is important and if my body needs something, I'm not going to let silly rules or dogma interfere with my well being. We tackled 3 different things in the session and I felt like a human pincushion with needles around my ankles, knees, lower back, spine and arms. I was so drained afterwards, I went home and passed out on the couch. Next week might be easier since I'll be eating again.

Today I had two quarts of juice, 1 quart of herbal tea and 2 cups of miso soup. No supplements at all since I'm gearing up for my allergy test on Saturday.

Day 13

Today I went to the chiropractor to get my monthly adjustment. Unlike my acupuncture session, this actually energizes me. I wanted to do cartwheels out the door but the doctor would definitely have frowned upon it.

I also did another infrared sauna session. Last year, out of concern for the geo engineering (chemtrails) taking place across the world and my worsening airborne allergies, my husband and I decided to buy a sauna for the backyard. It was an investment but we felt we were worth it. It's made by Luxspa and it's Gabriel Cousins endorsed. It seats 3 adults and has a CD/radio that I use to listen to Coast to Coast AM with George Noory late at night or occasionally a meditation CD.

The infrared sauna is superior to ordinary saunas because the far infrared waves can penetrate deeper into the fatty tissue to get the toxins moving and since the temperature is lower (a dry heat) than a typical sauna you can stay inside much longer. I usually do about 45 minutes but you could go over an hour if you're a sauna warrior. AND you burn 300-600 calories per hour as your body tries to stay cool through sweating. It's a lazy person's weight loss dream.

I like to take my detox a step further by taking 1000-1500mg of niacin. Niacin is a B vitamin that creates lipolysis in the fat cells, i.e. breaks down fats. It's such a great detoxifier, that in Europe, high doses of niacin are given to drug addicts in rehab. Theraputic doses are 2500mg - 5000mg and up. I've done 2500mg once. Never. Again. It will make your entire body bright red, hot and itchy. Fun stuff. Start with 100-200mg and see how you do before venturing into megadoses or you will be very, very uncomfortable. After I take the niacin and feel it starting to kick in, I jump on my mini trampoline for 15 minutes. Rebounding, or cellercising as some people call it, helps move the lymphatic system (the metabolic garbage can of our body). Rebounding works every cell in your body and helps to make the niacin more efficient. I try to jump every day for 15-30 minutes, usually while watching Dr. Oz.

Here's Dr. Mercola speaking about the niacin/rebounding/sauna protocol at the Longevity Now Conference.

 

Saunas are one of the best things you can do for your health besides eating a clean diet. I think with the increasing amounts of pollution in our air, water, food, etc, and cancer cases and thyroid disease exploding we are experiencing toxic overload. I believe, one day, saunas are going to be standard issue in every household, like television sets. We need a way to get the toxins out easily and there is no faster way than by sweating it out. I understand not everyone has money or room for a sauna but you can find deals for sauna sessions in your area by checking out websites like Groupon, Living Social and Lifebooker. Lifebooker has a lot of health and beauty deals so I would try them first.



3 comments:

bitt said...

i've done an infrared sauna before and i want to do one again. i enjoyed it a lot and felt really good after, like i took a long run.

all chinese medicine practitioners will tell you to eat less raw food if you are on a raw food diet. it's just how they work. they also usually try to get you to eat meat too. i've had some really good and some really awful experiences with acupuncture. it doesn't sound good to feel more drained after, I feel like any negative symptom they always try to explain away but in the end i always go with my gut.

Judita Wignall said...

Thanks, Bitt. For sure you gotta go with your gut. It's your second brain! I really like my acupuncturist and trust he's doing the right things based on my symptoms. I had debilitating knee problems in 2008 that got completely resolved in 4 sessions with him. I've had other loved ones experience miracles with it as well so I'm totally sold. I think this session was hard because of the fasting. As for TCM in general, I used to consider it an outmoded system but after years of reading about it I totally understand and embrace the yin/yan principles of balance. I also learned that early pioneers of TCM included a lot more raw foods. Not sure what happened over the centuries but I'm definitely not giving up a diet that makes me feel this good but I am flexible about incorporating some other warming elements. Right now I'm taking some tonic herbs for balance but I want to experiment with more soups and cooked veggies as the weather starts to cool down and let go of the smoothies for a while.

Infrared Saunas said...

1 Person Sauna that will help you to live healthier life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails